View count: 8725
Application for Intermission and Withdrawal of Study
|Suspension of study|
If the application is submitted before the semester commences, no tuition or miscellaneous fee payment is required
|Before the commencement of the semester (including the first day of the semester), if the application for taking a leave of absence has been submitted to the Office of Academic Affairs, no tuition or miscellaneous fee payment is required; otherwise the tuition and miscellaneous fee must be paid, then on the day the study suspension application is completed, a refund can be requested according to the regulations.|
Time period for taking a leave of absence, application in writing
|If a student would like to apply for taking a leave of absence due to unforeseen events after registration, an application is to be submitted in writing before the final exam date stated on the university calendar (excluding severe illness, but a diagnostic report issued by a regional or higher level hospital appointed by the National Health Insurance Bureau must be attached). Suspension of studies is only complete once approval has been obtained and study suspension procedures have been completed.|
Time limit for taking a leave of absence
|1. If due to severe illness (diagnostic report issued by a regional or higher level hospital appointed by the National Health Insurance Bureau must be attached) or special circumstances a leave of absence is required, approval must be obtained from the supervisor of the department of study and the Office of Academic Affairs, approval must also be obtained from the President before the study suspension period can be extended. The maximum period of extension is two academic years.
2. To apply for taking a leave of absence due to military draft, a copy of the draft notice must be attached; the service period is excluded from the study suspension period. Once the military service is completed, the Administrative Discharge Order must be attached to the application for resuming studies.
3. For taking a leave of absence due to pregnancy and childbirth, a medical certificate issued by a regional or higher level hospital appointed by the National Health Insurance Bureau must be attached, each period of study suspension cannot exceed two semesters, which will not be counted as a part of the study suspension period.
4. For study suspensions due to providing childcare (children below three years of age), relevant documents of proof must be attached, each period of study suspension cannot exceed six semesters, which will not be counted as a part of the study suspension period.
Reasons for Compulsory Suspension
|Students shall be ordered to suspend studies if one of the following conditions is true:
1. If the number of days absent from class exceeds a third of the total number of class hours for the semester, calculated from the course start date.
2. If course selection was not completed according to regulations before the course addition/cancellation deadline, or if the number of credits chosen fall short of the department/graduate institute/undergraduate program requirements.
Continuation of Study Suspension
|Once the study suspension period has ended, if an additional leave of absence is required, the student must apply for the extension in writing before the suspension period comes to an end, otherwise payment for the tuition and miscellaneous fees will be required for the following semester. When the suspended student wished to resume studies, the study year or semester is to be continued from the original college/department/school/academic program. For study suspensions midway through the year/semester, the study should be resumed from the continued year or semester of the original college/department/school/academic program.|
|Withdrawing from School|
Reasons for Withdrawing from School
|Students shall be ordered to withdraw from school if one of the following conditions is true:
1. Students who voluntarily applied for withdrawal of studies.
2. Admission qualifications have been deemed as non-compliant after further review.
3. The study suspension period is coming to an end and can no longer be extended.
4. After receiving official notification, returning students who do not complete their registration on time.
5. Absent from classes for 45 hours or more within one semester.
6. Withdrawing from school as a disciplinary action according to NTNU Student Disciplinary Guidelines.
7. Students who cannot pass the graduate degree examination after attending maximum years of study.
8. Doctoral candidates who failed the qualifying exam.
9. Students who failed their graduate degree examinations and are not permitted to retake the exam, or they failed their graduate degree examinations twice.
10. Severe violation of plagiarism or fraud regarding the degree thesis which have been verified.
Regulations for qualifying exams for doctoral candidates mentioned in Subparagraph 8 in the preceding Paragraph are in accordance to the regulations set by the respective college/department/school/academic program.
Application in Writing
|For students who applied to withdraw from school voluntarily, the student must apply in person and in writing to complete the departure procedures.|
Certificate of Study
|Students withdrawing from school must apply for the issuance of Certificate of Study. But the certificate will not be issued to students who do not fulfill the criteria for enrollment (transfer).|
☆Suspending Studies Application System
☆Application Form for the Voluntary Withdrawal from Studies/Withdrawal and Student Departure Forms
☆Certificate of Study Application Form